Music Teacher Tip #49:
Here are some ways to find repertoire:
1. Do a Youtube search for "all county choir," "honors chorus," etc. If you need middle school repertoire for example, then add that to the search. If you'd like more advanced repertoire, try searching "all-state" instead.
2. Go to J.W. Pepper and search their lists by state for festivals, workshops, all-state festivals, etc. Here's a link: https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet…/services-state-festival.jsp…
3. If you'd like to narrow your search, you can also search Pepper's Editor's Choice here: https://www.jwpepper.com/ec/categories.jsp…
5. If you have a favorite publisher, you can go directly there and see what's new: https://www.halleonard.com/search/search.action…
6. I've also discovered a new way to find help selecting repertoire. There are many Facebook groups for music educators like "I'm a Middle School Choir Director." You can search for repertoire suggestions on these sites or simply ask the group for specific recommendations.
7. If you know a choir director who has been teaching a while and you like their taste in music, you can always ask them for recommendations.
8. And lastly, if you've read this far, I'd be honored if you'd consider works by ME! Here's a link to my website: https://www.sherryblevinsmusic.com/
Happy repertoire selection! ❤️🎶